Monday, May 25, 2009

Honey Sticks beeswax crayons


These crayons smell like honey! Made from beeswax and non-toxic pigments they are super safe for your little ones. Weirdly enough I have some beeswax currently sitting in my kitchen... I saw a recipe online which said if you add some talc to heated beeswax and then colour it with pigment you get amazing, easy-to-make crayons... so if you're feeling crafty you could have a go yourself. I think I will... I want to create some cool shapes. The Honey Sticks are certainly excellent shapes for little ones... short and chunky and difficult to break.

You can also make crayons out of soap flakes... not so non-toxic but cool for drawing on the side of your bath tub... the theory being that it just washes off when you're done. We don't need any help in our household to make bath time more chaotic but this idea intrigues me. I haven't tried this yet so I can't swear to the crayon actually washing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment